If you haven't seen this yet, WATCH!!!
MARVEL’S “GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY”—GUARDIANS OF GOOD invites real “Guardians of the Galaxy,” young men and women (ages 14-18) from across the United States, to share their stories of how they are bettering their communities through service, science or innovation, and gives them the opportunity to connect with a galaxy of Peer Guides—who are already doing great things—to learn from their successes. Entries will be accepted between June 11, 2014 and June 29, 2014.
The five winners will each receive: Two round-trip tickets to Hollywood, including hotel accommodations, from July 20 through July 23, 2014, to be on the red carpet at the World Premiere of Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy” on July 21, 2014; an invitation to the first-ever GUARDIANS OF GOOD INNOVATION & SERVICE SUMMIT on July 22 at The Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, where professionals and peers will share their knowledge; a backstage tour of the Disneyland Resort; and a red-carpet screening of the film at a Dolby® Atmos TM Theatre in or near the winner’s hometown.
Application forms, eligibility requirements, official contest rules, and more information are available at http://www.marvelguardiansofgood.com.
#sponsoredbabyproofing solutions to help you care for your child both at home and away. You can use their online Safety Essentials Checklist to help you track the most important safety precautions you'll need for windows, doors, hinges, stairs, blinds and more. SafeTots products can help prevent everything from painful pinches in doorways to serious injury from dangling cords. Their handy checklist helps you look at each room of your home and pinpoint the most common causes of accidents.
baby gear in their online store. Check out their feeding section for everything from baby bottles to toddler booster seats. You can even find breastfeeding equipment for moms at SafeTots. When it's naptime, baby will be snoozing happily in their beautiful nursery furniture. From mattress protectors to sleeping positional aids, moms and dads can sleep well knowing baby is comfortable. Entertain your child with their huge variety of play mats, baby gyms, bouncers, toys, and playpens. Be sure to grab a growth chart because your child will seem to grow right before your eyes!
safety products your child will need while on vacation, like sun tents, sunglasses, and UV protection swimwear.
www.safetots.co.uk. Check out their free shipping offer, next day delivery option, and their price match promise. Shop today!
The Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation.
Join us for the Red, White and Blue
Giveaway Hop Event
Hosted by LeahSay's Views
Hosted by LeahSay's Views
and Planet Weidknecht
June 27th - July 7th, 2014
June 27th - July 7th, 2014
By adding your blog link below, you agree to:
Post your own dedicated giveaway for this event, beginning on Friday, June 27th, 2014 at 12:01a.m. ending Monday, July 7th, 2014 at 11:59p.m (midnight).
Giveaway may be company-sponsored or self-sponsored. Giveaway prize must be worth at least $25.00 and family friendly.
Blogs without giveaways posted by 10:00a.m. on June 27 will be removed from the linky list. Signups close on June 25th at midnight.
*You aren't required to post in advance of the giveaway hop, but if you'd like to add the button to your sidebar, please link back to this post so that others may join in too. Please consider sharing the event via your social media links to help promote, which in turn helps everyone participating. Thank you.
Please also join the Weidknecht Events Facebook Group at: http://www.facebook.com/groups/WeidknechtEvents/
Your giveaway post (on June 27th) must include:
Red, White and Blue Event button.
Links to the hosts: Planet Weidknecht (http://www.weidknecht.com) and LeahSay's Views (http://leahsaysviews.com/).
Provided linky list of all participating bloggers.
Your giveaway and contest form.
HTML will be provided at least one day before the hop begins, both by email and post in the Weidknecht Events Facebook Group.
Sign up here:
Thank YOU For Sharing!
Information provided by Evelyn Murphy, Allstate Agent
Take these 6 simple steps that will help you be better prepared in the event of a catastrophe:
STEP 1: Store insurance policy information. Place your insurance policy information in a few safe places (electronically and hard copy). This will help you start the claims process after a storm.
STEP 2: Create an inventory of your valuables. Take pictures of or videotape all valuables covered under your insurance policy(s). Use the free Allstate Digital Locker application at digitallocker.com; your valuables will be captured online and easily accessible in the event you have to file a claim.
STEP 3: Prepare your property. Take a walk around your property and assess items that may be wind hazards. Trim loose shrubbery, store furniture and secure any loose materials in your yard.
STEP 4: Create an emergency supply kit. Stock up on bottled water, non-perishable food items, first aid supplies, a battery operated radio, flashlights, batteries, basic tools, work gloves, medications, car keys, eyeglasses and cash. Find a complete shopping list here.
STEP 5: Plan your evacuation route. Learn the best evacuation routes and plan a meeting point at least 50 miles inland in case your family gets separated.
STEP 6: Take caution during a storm. Evacuate to a safe area prior to the storm.
For more hurricane preparation information, click here.
Need a fabulous Allstate agent?
Contact mine: Evelyn Murphy, 1-512-327-8424, email@example.com
- Inspiring, playful design –B Resort and Spa’s stylish lobby features white marble floors, soaring ceilings and comfortable yet lively lounge areas that invite guests to work, socialize and relax. In the corridors off the lobby, bright pops of color come from the B Artistic exhibition, a contemporary art gallery showcasing the vibrant Central Florida arts scene. Guest rooms and suites are appointed with sleek blue-and-white décor and floor-to-ceiling windows with sweeping views of the area’s theme parks, lakes, and evening fireworks celebrations. Rooms are equipped with designer furnishings, the signature Blissful Bed, large HD LED interactive flat-screen televisions and a B Treated Box of whimsical (and affordable, at $5 each) in-room snacks. Complimentary gaming consoles are available upon request. Many rooms also feature bunk beds, kitchenettes and wet bars.
- Innovative technologies – Guests can B in touch with resort-wide FreeB Wi-Fi (complimentary wireless internet access), complimentary loaner iPads and the Monscierge digital concierge service and destination guide. Custom-designed for each B property, the Monscierge touchscreen and mobile app provide useful information, from hotel amenities to flight updates, even allowing printing capabilities of boarding passes from a lobby screen to the front desk. Also with Monscierge, guests can B Adventurous with access to unlimited localized content, such as tips on excursions, dining and sightseeing adventures within the destination.
- Zero-entry pool and relaxation area – A heated outdoor pool is the perfect place to decompress and enjoy the afternoon at B Resort and Spa, with interactive water elements, a nearby kids’ zone and a pool bar and grill.
- Stylish, flexible function space – With state-of-the-art ballrooms, several boardrooms and an expansive 5,000-square-foot terrace, B Resort and Spa offers more than 25,000 square feet of flexible meeting and celebration space. Guests will revel in new options for enchanting weddings, meetings and other private functions in this world-class destination.
- B Humane – As part of the brand’s B Humane program, each guest room has a plush toy gopher frog, a species indigenous to Central Florida, perched on the bed. Guests can “adopt” the stuffed animal to take home, with a portion of the proceeds from sales going to the Wildlife Foundation of Florida, a nonprofit organization that helps protect the preservation of Florida's fish and wildlife resources and their habitats.
- Unique food and beverage offerings – Opening on the heels of the B Resort and Spa will be American Q, a new signature restaurant developed in partnership with restaurateur Jeffrey Chodorow and China Grill Management. The renowned group, of China Grill and Asia de Cuba fame, is continuing its tradition of food and beverage innovation with the inaugural location of this concept. American Q puts a modern twist on classic barbeque, featuring specialties from regions throughout the U.S. and Latin America. Guests can expect spontaneous line dancing led by friendly “cowboy/cowgirl” servers and an appetizer and salad station served from the bed of a 1951, cherry-red, Ford F1 pickup truck. For convenient grab-and-go fare, The Pickup, located just off the lobby, has a full coffee bar and ice cream shop, as well as a variety of snacks and sundries for on-the-go needs. Complimentary coffee is available daily until 11 a.m. B Resort and Spa also offers a pool bar and grill, customized catering menus for weddings and meetings, a specialty spa menu and 24/7 in-room dining.
- B Indulged Spa by AVEDA – Set to open later this summer, B Resort and Spa is home to the brand’s first full-service spa. Well-deserved after a fun-filled day at the area’s many theme parks or a productive business meeting, this haven nurtures the body and soul, pairing pure botanical products with the ancient science of AVEDA. Travelers can treat themselves to customized massages, facials, hair and makeup services and a nail boutique, as well as unique offerings for busy business men and women, children and teens. The adjacent B Active Fitness Center features state-of-the-art exercise equipment.
For more information or reservations at B Resort and Spa,
visit www.bresortlbv.com or call (407) 828-2828.
Follow the resort on Facebook at www.facebook.com/BResortLakeBuenaVista
An international group of doctors and scientific experts is joining with non-profit organizations today to urge pregnant women to limit their exposure to wireless radiation from cell phones and other devices by taking simple steps to protect themselves and their unborn children. The national public awareness campaign, called the BabySafe Project, is being coordinated by Grassroots Environmental Education and Environmental Health Trust, and is based on independent scientific research linking exposure to wireless radiation from cell phones during pregnancy to neurological and behavioral problems in offspring that resemble Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in children.
The BabySafe Project is promoting ten simple steps women can take to limit their exposure to wireless radiation:
1. Avoid carrying your cell phone on your body (e.g. in a pocket or bra).
2. Avoid holding any wireless device against your body when in use.
3. Use your cell phone on speaker setting or with an “air tube” headset.
4. Avoid using your wireless device in cars, trains or elevators.
5. Avoid cordless phones, especially where you sleep.
6. Whenever possible, connect to the internet with wired cables.
7. When using Wi-Fi, connect only to download, then disconnect and disable Wi-Fi.
8. Avoid prolonged or direct exposure to nearby Wi-Fi routers.
9. Unplug your home Wi-Fi router when not in use (e.g. at bedtime).
10. Sleep as far away from wireless utility meters (i.e. “smart” meters) as possible.
"We believe all pregnant women should be made aware of this research on wireless radiation risks,” says Patricia Wood, a Visiting Scholar at Adelphi University and Executive Director of Grassroots Environmental Education. "More research is needed to determine exactly how the developing brain is affected, but in the meantime, we certainly have enough evidence of potential harm to recommend taking simple, common-sense precautions."
“There’s essentially no downside to being cautious and protecting your baby," says Dr. Hugh Taylor, Chair of the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences at Yale University School of Medicine, who recently authored a study showing significant behavioral changes in the offspring of mice exposed to cell phone radiation during pregnancy. "We have demonstrated clear cause and effect relationships in mice, and we already have studies showing that women who use cell phones have children with more behavioral problems. I think together that's very powerful evidence."
"As a public health expert, I am deeply concerned about the experiment we are conducting on our pregnant women and young children today,” says Dr. Devra Lee Davis, author of numerous books on wireless radiation and human health, and founder of the Environmental Health Trust. "We cannot afford to treat this generation as experiments in a subject with no controls. We’ve got to be smarter. "
"Pregnant women deserve to know that wireless radiation can have an impact on the developing brain," says Dr. Maya Shetreat-Klein, a pediatric neurologist practicing in New York. "We're seeing alarming increases in the number of children diagnosed with neurological disorders over the past decade, and anything we can do that might help reduce that rate should be taken very seriously."
Wireless radiation is part of a growing list of environmental exposures thought to interfere with normal fetal brain development, with implications that include impaired communication skills, learning deficits and behavioral problems.
"When you have an environmental exposure that disrupts brain cell connections, a number of things can happen," says Dr. Leonardo Trasande, a pediatrician at the NYU Langone School of Medicine and professor of Environmental Medicine at the Wagner School of Public Service. "Nerve cells may not communicate the way they should, or maybe the wrong connection is sent to the wrong cell. And as a result there can be permanent changes in the electrical wiring of the brain that can have consequences all across the entire lifespan."
A Joint Statement on Pregnancy and Wireless Radiation advocating precaution and research has been endorsed by scientists and medical professionals from around the world. The statement calls for women to be informed about the risks of exposure to wireless radiation, and to take precautionary steps while more research is conducted.
An extensive social media campaign including web videos is being launched using the hashtag #KnowYourExposure. More information about the BabySafe Project, including links to scientific studies and video interviews with medical professionals is available at www.BabySafeProject.org.
Also starring: Zach Galifianakis, Edward Norton, Andrea Riseborough, Amy Ryan, Emma Stone, Naomi Watts.
Coming this fall.
Disclosure: I received product at no charge in exchange for my honest review.headphones can be challenging to find. These new Orion Headphones from iFrogz are incredibly comfortable and very adjustable. Each earpiece features a soft AeroFoam pad that cradles the ears gently. The generously long cord has a microphone attached and the single button remote/microphone is compatible with Apple, BlackBerry, Android, and all other media devices with a 3.5 mm jack.
Orion Headphones have a very sleek design and come in lots of great colors - white, red, pink, green, blue, or black - perfect for kids, teens and adults. The side pieces are high gloss and even feature a UV coating. These fashionable headphones offer a full-spectrum 40 mm speaker driver that allows you to enjoy in-depth acoustic tuning.
www.ifrogz.com for lots of great high-quality technology gadgets, designed to simplify your life while still staying within your budget. I absolutely love my Orion Headphones and I haven't found an iFrogz product yet that I don't recommend!
HERE and make plans to come out!
Win Two Wristbands to Taste of North Austin!
To enter, just fill in the form below. You must be at least 18 years old and reside in the USA. Only one entry is mandatory to enter, but bonus entries will increase your chance to win. Giveaway ends at midnight on 6/17/2014. Good luck!
Enter my other giveaways HERE.
http://www.hfalls.com/special-offers/. As always, kids 2 and under are free. So, if Dad is accompanied by a 2-year-old or younger, both Dad and child would be free.
hfalls.com or facebook.com/hfalls.
hfalls.com or facebook.com/hfalls.
Disclosure: I received product at no charge in exchange for my honest review.waterproof MP3 Player and FM Radio! Take it swimming, take it surfing, take it waterskiing, and take it kayaking. It's not just waterproof, it's also sweatproof and shockproof, plus it's snowproof so you can take it snowskiing this winter. It's perfect for all your activities, from your daily workouts to your annual scuba dive.
UWaterG5 MP3 Player and FM Tuner comes with 100% waterproof stereo earphones, plus four sets of silicon ear-tips in small, medium, large and triple-action designs. It also comes with a USB cable and a plastic activation pointer. This amazing little gadget will work up to 10 feet under water. Pick the color combination that you love most like blue/grey or pink/grey. Its back clip holds securely to your top, sweatband, or cap during even your most demanding activities. I must admit, I was a bit perplexed about the USB cord because I couldn't find where to plug it in to charge the UWaterG5, but when I realized it was the same plug-in spot as the earphones, I thought it was quite clever because it eliminates the need for covering a separate spot on the unit for water activities.
www.gearedtobefit.com to order your favorite color UWaterG5 and check out their other great waterproof tech products and accessories. I've fully tested the UWaterG5 and it performs exactly as advertised. I really like the shorter-than-traditional earphones because they stay out of my way when I'm active. It's a great product and I recommend it!
#sponsoredrecycling station. That's their fancy way of saying that they are a friendly green machine looking to pay cash for the responsible recycling of your old cell phones, MP3 players, and tablets. Got some old mobile devices sitting around cluttering up your home? Me too and it's past time to clean up! Sell your phone or other device by placing it in the ecoATM kiosk, and ecoATM will tell you how much it's worth. Then, if you decide to sell it to ecoATM, you get instant cash!
mobile devices in the U.S. by the end of 2014. Of those, only about 80 million will be recycled. According to the U.S. EPA, less than 20 percent of unwanted cell phones are recycled each year. Most old devices end up in a drawer or in a landfill. Isn't that awful? But with approximately 900 ecoATM kiosks in malls and large retailers (like Walmart) all over the country, and with your help, they are working hard to solve the eWaste problem facing our planet.
ecoATM has already recycled more than 2 million devices and more than 500,000 pounds of devices in its four-year history (that includes 70,000 pounds of copper and over 1,500 pounds of silver). Each year, the operation of a single ecoATM kiosk is an energy savings equivalent to removing more than 4 houses from the grid. So gather up all your old devices cluttering up your drawers and find an ecoATM near you to get some extra cash in your pocket now!
Disclosure: I received product at no charge in exchange for my honest review.men’s grooming category, conducted a study about one of the most powerful bonding moments between father and son – first learning to groom. As it turns out, the majority of guys (eight out of ten) recall learning to groom from their dad as a meaningful experience and plan to carry it on. Furthermore, this rite of passage is more meaningful for the younger generations - those 40 and under, proving that this time-honored tradition is alive and well.
Lithium Ion Stainless Steel Trimmer as a wonderful gift idea for Father's Day! You can also click HERE for a list of great tips from Wahl for dads to pass along to their sons, which are especially important as grooming today not only consists of shaving, but of facial hair grooming and haircutting as well. This Trimmer is as sleek and smooth as Dad wants to be when he leaves the house in the morning! It features heavy duty, stainless steel blades and body. This amazing Lithium Ion Tool gives Dad everything he needs to take care of all his grooming needs. It's rechargeable and provides a 4 hour run time, which is 2 times the torque compared to Wahl's standard trimmer.
trimmer makes it the best-ever travel tool. My husband LOVES this Trimmer for grooming!
Visit Wahl at home.wahl.com to get Dad
the Lithium Ion Stainless Steel Trimmer!