Disclosure: I received product at no charge in exchange for my post.Limoneira knows that this tangy fruit can jumpstart or refresh a healthy lifestyle, with just one lemon a day. “Lemons are among the healthiest and most accessible products people can buy from any market,” says John Carter, Limoneira’s Director of Global Sales. “That’s really the best part – lemons are so easy to integrate into everyday lifestyle.”
- Naturally restore the body’s pH levels: Lemons are alkaline-forming in the body and aid in restoring balance in a body’s pH levels.
- Fight infections and colds: The high content of vitamin C in lemons work to fight and prevent colds and infections.
- Liver detox: In addition to flushing out toxins throughout the body, lemons work to stimulate and detoxify the liver.
- Strengthen blood vessels: The bioflavonoid in lemons are handy for aiding in high blood pressure treatment because they can help strengthen blood vessels and prevent internal hemorrhage.
- Reduce inflammation and pain: A powerful and natural dissolvent of uric acid, lemons help to reduce pain and inflammation in the joints, helping to prevent inflammatory rheumatoid arthritis.
- Anti-aging benefit: The vitamin C in lemons helps it to neutralize free radicals, which are linked to aging and disease.
- Regulate digestion: Lemons can help regulate digestion by increasing the production of digestive juices.
- Potential anticancer properties: High in antioxidants, lemons are thought to protect cells from the formation of cancer cells and may also slow the growth of cancer cells.
- Lower cholesterol: Lemons are a good source of pectin, a soluble fiber that protects cardiovascular health.
- Prevent kidney stones: Consuming lemons can help raise citrate levels in urine, helping prevent the formation of future kidney stones, calcium deposits and gallstones.
- Squeeze lemon juice into your water and tea.
- Make lemonade.
- Add lemon juice to your vegetable salad and fruit salad.
- Squeeze lemons onto your seafood and chicken meals.
- Make lemon cake or lemon bars.
- Make lemon juice/lime juice popsicles.
- Add lemon juice to rice dishes.
- Make lemon jelly.
Learn more about Limoneira Lemons at