- Volunteer at your local food pantry! This year, Valentine's Day falls on a Saturday. Many local food pantries are open on Saturdays. Show up a few minutes before they open and see how you can bless others for a few hours.
- Call your mother and father (or your grown children) to tell them you love them. Valentine's Day is not restricted to lovers. It's a great day to touch base with those who have loved you since the day you were born.
- Make a valentine for everyone in your family and mail them this coming Monday. Getting real mail from the postman is a rare thing these days!
- Bake some delicious cookies or cupcakes, then drop them off at your local firehouse. Who doesn't love a handsome fireman???
- Treat yourself to a manicure and pedicure on Valentine's Day, then over-tip the workers who doted on you for an entire hour (and on a holiday, no less).
- Adopt a pet! There is no better love than unconditional love, and your local animal shelter is full of furry dogs and cats who are ready to smother you with kisses!
- Try something new. Schedule yourself for a class to learn how to dance, how to sew, how to cook, how to tile floors, or how to decorate cakes. It's a wonderful way to meet new people and learn a new skill.
- Is it snowing where you live? Draw hearts in the snow on the windshields of all the cars in your parking lot at work or surprise your neighbors.
- Love the ones around you! Offer a cheerful "Happy Valentine's Day" to all the people you work with, to your neighbors, and even the cashiers wherever you stop to shop. A smile goes a long way! And you may just meet the one who will be your next year's valentine!
Single on Valentine's Day?
Labels: Living Well