#press releaseReady for some real unconditional love? Read on!
Flowers. Candy. Declarations of love. For those happily coupled, Valentine’s Day can be one of the best times of the year. For some of the 102 million singles in America, according to Census.gov, the holiday can be awful. With millions of people looking for love online, Best Friends Animal Society asks the question: Why limit the search to the two-legged?
“Ask just about any pet owner and they’ll tell you, dogs and cats provide them with a lot of joy, comfort and companionship,” said Gregory Castle, chief executive officer of Best Friends Animal Society. “And with so many dogs and cats in shelters or rescues waiting to be your one and only, Valentine’s Day is the perfect time of year to adopt a pet.”
To further promote prospective people and pet matches, Best Friends Animal Society is offering $10 adoptions during “The One” promotion taking place February 13-16 at its adoption centers in Utah, New York, or Los Angeles, as well as through participating No More Homeless Pets Network partners across the country. More information about the promotion can be found by visiting http://bestfriends.org/TheOne/.
1. Pets won’t play hard to get.
2. Pets won’t break up with you on Twitter.
3. Pets won’t mock you for eating ice cream out of the carton.
4. Pets will never take the last beer.
5. Pets don’t care what kind of car you drive.
6. Pets love binge watching “Orange is the New Black” as much as you do.
7. Pets have no desire to trade you in for a newer model.
8. Pets couldn’t care less about your hair or what you wear.
9. Pets love it when you leave your clothes on the floor (instant nap spot!).
10. Pets won’t look at their smartphone when you are trying to have a conversation.
11. Pets are cheap dates – no fancy dinners or expensive jewelry required.
12. Pets drooling and snoring are pretty cute. Humans, not so much.
13. Pets will snuggle whenever you want.
14. Pets think every day is Valentine’s Day – just one more chance to show you unconditional love!
“We encourage anybody looking for love to go to one of our adoption centers or your local shelter or rescue to find that perfect match,” Castle said. “Big and small, young and old, there’s a wonderful adoptable pet waiting to meet you and make this your most special Valentine’s Day ever.”
To like Best Friends Animal Society on Facebook go to: http://www.facebook.com/bestfriendsanimalsociety
Follow Best Friends on Twitter: http://twitter.com/bestfriends