Summer Cooking Classes at Central Market #Austin #Texas
Mostly Sweet Champagne Brunch (21 and up)
Sunday, June 8 from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Come out and spend a summery Sunday morning with a brunch demonstration and fine bubbly at Central Market. Pastry chef Angel Begaye of TRACE will be leading the demonstration. Brunch menu includes:
• Champagne cocktail
• Savory lemon ricotta spread on herb biscotti
• Caramelized champagne sabayon, with fresh grapefruit and orange segments
• Pink champagne and strawberry cupcakes
• Champagne and chocolate truffle
• Drunken soaked peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream
Texas Parks and Wildlife: Oysters and Shrimp (18 and up)
Tuesday, June 10 at 6:30 p.m.
Spend an evening learning to cook with some of the best our great state has to offer. Discover the importance of prep work and then gather ‘round in CM’s Cooking School kitchen to prepare:
• Cornmeal-Fried oyster lettuce wraps
• Empanadas de Cameron (hand-pies stuffed with shrimp)
• Port Arthur seafood gumbo
• Speedy shrimp with tomatoes, feta cheese and basil
Beat Divas: Celebrating 10 Years of Divalicious! (18 and up)
Saturday, June 21 at 6:30 p.m.
Enjoy this special 10th anniversary edition of CM’s longest running cookin' and singin' class with the lovely and talented Beat Divas—Dianne Donovan, Mady Kaye and Beth Ullman.
Central Market Cooking School, 4001 N. Lamar Blvd., Austin, TX 78756
About Central Market:
Central Market’s open, serpentine-flow, full view European-style layout offers a completely new food shopping experience. A bountiful produce department with unmatched quality and variety, an 80-foot seafood case with selections from throughout the world, hundreds of cheeses, 2,500 wine labels, stupendous specialty grocery aisles with delights from every continent, and a world class cooking school featuring hands-on instruction are among the features that make the Central Market experience unique.