Disclosure: I received this product at no charge in exchange for my honest review.
- Ironing will be easier and faster if the items are not too dry. If they are, lightly spray with water ten minutes before ironing.
- Make sure to sort out the laundry accordingly – read the labels carefully so that you can easily work up from the coolest to the hottest temperature and avoid ruining a garment.
- Test whether your water is hard by putting a spoonful of soap flakes into a bowl with two cups of water and mix vigorously. If bubbles appear that means your water is soft. (Fun fact: T-fal steam irons and stations are specially designed to use tap water- their construction resists scale, whatever the water hardness.)
- If you are unsure about ironing a particular item, test a hidden part of the fabric with the tip of your iron.
- When ironing delicate or dark items, place a clean towel or press cloth between fabric and iron. For black dresses or trousers, use the steam setting with the iron touching the fabric.