Looking for something different to do this spring with your Easter eggs? Here's a great idea on using KOOL-AID to color your eggs this year. I'm going to give it a try myself!
- 2 env. (0.13 to 0.16 oz. each) KOOL-AID Unsweetened Drink Mix, any red color (try Cherry, Black Cherry, Strawberry or Tropical Punch flavor)
- 2 env. (0.14 oz. to 0.15 oz. each) KOOL-AID Unsweetened Drink Mix, any orange color (try Orange, Mango or Peach Mango flavor)
- 2 env. (0.13 oz. to 0.23 oz. each) KOOL-AID Unsweetened Drink Mix, any yellow or green color (try Lemonade, Piña or Lemon-Lime flavor)
- 2 env. (0.22 oz. each) KOOL-AID Unsweetened Drink Mix, any blue color (try Mixed Berry or Ice Blue Raspberry Lemonade flavor)
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- 1-1/2 doz. hard-cooked eggs, cooled
WHAT TO DO:
Mix contents of 2 (same-flavored) KOOL-AID envelopes with 2 Tbsp. water in 6- to 8-oz. container; stir to dissolve drink mixes. Repeat in 3 separate containers with remaining KOOL-AID envelopes.
Place eggs on cooling rack in sink; rinse eggs with tap water.
Spoon KOOL-AID mixtures, 1 at a time, over wet eggs to create tie-dye patterns. Repeat with remaining eggs.
Pour a little tap water over each egg to set colors. Use tongs to transfer eggs to paper towel-covered baking sheet to dry. Rinse sink immediately as needed.
by Erika Katz, the author of “Bonding Over Beauty,” Reprinted with permission.
Video instructions can be found HERE.
Enter to win a KOOL-AID Prize Pack!
One lucky reader will win 20 envelopes of KOOL-AID to make Tie-Dye Easter Eggs. To enter, just fill in the Rafflecopter form below. You must be at least 18 years old and reside in the USA. Only the first entry is mandatory; bonus entries increase your chances to win. Giveaway ends at midnight ET on 3/31/2013. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway