- Buy gold or silver ornaments on sale after Christmas.
- Use gold confetti or metallic shredded gift filler (crinkle paper) on the buffet tables to add a festive feel.
- Take a clock off the wall and use it to toast every hour until midnight.
- Make a holiday sparkling punch to serve instead of champagne.
- Try buying Prosecco instead of champaign. Less expensive and gives Nice bright citrus tones.
- Buy a large cheese cake or layered cake (freeze the layer cake for easy cutting the night before—it will thaw in the glasses) cut into 1x1 inch squares, put in shot glasses with a dollop of whip cream. Your cake will go soooo much further.
- Prepare comfort foods like sloppy joes or shredded chicken and make it decadent with mini rolls—looks elegant but is inexpensive.
- Shot or martini glasses with mashed potatoes make for perfect vessels for a mashed potato bar. Again, these look great and don't cost anything to make. You can find disposable glasses for easy clean up.
For more great ideas, check out Cheryl's book at the link below!